In 1948, Hugh Ferguson founded a small construction company at the beginning of Seattle's post-WWII industrial boom. In those early days, Ferguson Construction specialized in remodels, but in 1952, with the erection of its first tilt-up building, the company had begun to expand. Upon Mr. Ferguson's retirement In 1982, the company was purchased by long-time employee Gene Colin. Over the next 25 years, the company extended its activities throughout the entire West Coast and into the Southwest with a focus on "big box" national retail chains. In 2007, Todd Vacura, President (another long-time employee) became part owner of the company. At that time, Ferguson’s expertise expanded to include multi-story office buildings, retail, and hospitality facilities.
Under the direction of Gene and Todd, the last decade has witnessed their commitment to deliver a quality product. Opportunities have taken Ferguson into Idaho, Montana, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, California, Alaska, Oklahoma, and North and South Dakota.
From inception to the present, our mission has never wavered. It has always been to deliver innovative construction projects that meet or exceed our client's expectations. Our commitment serves to achieve lasting relationships by delivering quality projects on time and within the projected budget.
Todd Vacura - President/COO
Gene J. Colin
The enviable standards of safety, high level of construction ability, and excellent work ethic demonstrated daily by the Ferguson Team will ensure its continued success through the twenty-first century.